BROOKINGS COUNTY MUSEUM,
(In museum building, proper and on the table near office)
1. CEMETERY INDEX, for death date and where buried.
2. OBITUARY INDEXS, for death date and where buried.
3. SCRAPBOOKS, with indexes of obituaries and marriage, including the DALTHORP scrapbook.
4. Alphabetized listings of HOMESTEADERS in Brookings Co.
5. Albums of RURAL SCHOOLS.
6. Albums of SCANNED PICTURES.
7. MAPS of Brookings County Townships
8. INVENTORY BOOK (when looking for pictures of family members, the book and page on which the picture can be found is listed in this book).
(In cabinet, South wall, behind table)
- HISTORY BOOKS – Brookings, White, Bruce, Aurora, Elkton, Sinai, and Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church, Elkton.
- COMPENDIUM OF BIOGRAPHY
- NORWEGIANS IN AMERICA
- SOUTH DAKOTA BIOGRAPIES
- ARTHUR MITCHELL’S “Pioneer Life”
- EARLY RESIDENTS OF BROOKINGS COUNTY - 1860, 1870, 1880.
- PIONEERING IN THE UPPER SIOUX VALLEY – Donald Parker
- DIRECTORY OF BROOKINGS – 1884.
- VARIOUS SCHOOL LEAFLETS (graduation programs etc.)
- AHNEBERG HISTORY
- NEWSPAPERS – Brookings County Press, Volga Tribune, White Leader.
- FAMILY HISTORIES – In filling cabinet and on shelf.
- SCHOOL ANNUALS – SDSU Jackrabbits, Brookings Bobcats, Volga Cossacks, Sinai Rebels.
- CHURCH HISTORIES
- SCHOOL RECORD BOOKS
- ATLAS – Brookings County
- MILITARY RECORDS
- TELEPHONE DIRECTORY (Brookings)